Thursday, May 31, 2007

April Challenge by SL

My oops! SL sent this lovely card in April and I am just posting it now. Look at the shimmer! What a great "twist" to the original layout. I am always so impressed with your creativity. Keep going!



I used SU Brilliant Blue cardstock for the base; SU Cool Caribbean for the bottom strip, and SU Green Galore for the strip in between the blues.



I stamped the background on top with white pigment ink with a stamp from the SU “Polka Dot and Paisley” set. I stamped the bottom piece with the shell from the SU “Aquaria” (retired) set using Versa Mark ink, and embossed it with the SU Holograms powder to give it sparkle.



The middle piece is stamped with a stamp from the SU “All in a Row” set and Brilliant Blue ink.



The tag is stamped with stamps from “Aquaria” in Brilliant Blue ink, and I used the same to stipple the white background. I used markers to color the fish, and glitter to add sparkle to the middle fish.



I stamped “happy” (SU “Polka Dot and Paisley” set) and “birthday” (SU “Happy Everything” stamp set) on white cardstock with brilliant blue ink.



I added a half circle of “Green Galore” on top of the tag. I set two eyelets – one in the tag, and one in the card, and tied silver and pink ribbon in a knot.

No comments: